In honor of Mother’s Day, I wanted to keep things light. I am a lot like my mom. The older I get, the more her habits become mine. I remember as a kid, I would say, I am going to be a cooler adult than my mommy. How naive I was then…lol. But it’s all good because my mom is a fantastic woman of God and I love her so much. So I wanted to share things I do more of because of my mom’s influence in my life.
- I keep a physical planner to that holds all receipts, coupons, and masks just like my mom.
- Sometimes I get up on Saturday and clean up everything before noon…ya know don’t waste the day as my mom says.
- I make my dog extra clean on wash day the same way my mom bathed me when I was young…so detailed.
- After work, I don’t want anyone to bother me cause I just want to sit (Mom was the same when she worked on the hospital floor as an RN).
- Thinking ahead with everything just like my mom.
- Always smiling like my mom.
- Using my mom’s isms, wisdom, and phrases more than I am used to.
- In relation to #7, more prone to give an encouraging word to someone and praying with others.
- Always thirsty for a sale..”if the sale is not salty enough, I will see you later” as my mom says.
- Not understanding all the new trends and my sister having to explain what’s trending to me.
So what habits do you have now because of your mom and/or mother-like influence? Happy Mother’s Day!