In this current season, my list of rules transform with time, experiences, and seasons. I believe that the older you get, the more you realize things about yourself. Being 30 for almost a year, my attitude has changed. I am allergic to BS and I learn to abstain from toxicity. So here is a blissful tips I apply in my life.
- Be a good citizen– No, this is not about a title or stamp of national citizenship. My mom always told me this. Be a person with integrity, kindness, respect, and humility to others.
- Words matter– Especially in the day and age, words can really have an effect on others. I don’t say being politically correct. It is acknowledging what you say and how you say it. Everyone is different so read the room when you speak.
- Be a bridge-With the heightened need of change and justice for marginalized communities, my form of advocacy is being a bridge by teaching and giving perspective. You don’t know if someone does not tell you. That does not mean people cannot figure things out but I try to be a resource if need be.
- See others the way Christ sees them– I try to love others because we are all created in God’s image. Disrespecting and discriminating against someone is discriminating against God.
- Listen and be open– I tell myself this. With different opinions, I cannot talk over people and say “I’m right; you’re wrong.” Nothing gets solved. But I can open my mind to different perspectives. It does not mean I will agree all the time. It is a perspective that is all. I have the power to do what I want to do with being open.
- If it does not add value or feed my soul, eliminate it. It’s social media, it’s dating, and everything in-between. Life is too short to deal with negativity and accepting it. Nah fam…not worth my mental health.
- Do my best. Life is not perfect but I can do what I can and let it be.